Mark Forester Scholarship
To honor Senior Airman Mark Forester and his sacrifice through the presentation of annual scholarships to deserving and eligible applicants.
As an enlisted CCT with a bachelor’s degree, Mark believed strongly in education and set an example for all others to follow; this ideal will be captured through the presentation of this scholarship.
Please review the information on this page and if you would like to submit an application, please fill out the online application.
- Submission window: June 1st thru July 15th
- Application processing: July 16th thru July 23rd
- Application board review: July 24th thru July 31st
- Awardee announcement: Aug 1st thru Aug 14th
- Scholarship presentation: Aug 15th
- A family member (dependent) of any CCA member, who is a former, retired, active duty/guard/reserve Combat Controller, Combat Control Officer, or Special Tactics Officer.
- Have enrolled in an institution of higher learning, preferably an AA, BA, or BS program.
- Have maintained a 2.5 grade point average (GPA), verified by evidence such as a letter from a counselor, or copy of transcripts.
- Completed scholarship application in accordance with the application procedures listed below.
- Scholarships are based on “one time” scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, and interests.
- The amount of up to $10,000 annually may be awarded
- An individual will not exceed $2,500.
- The dollar amount awarded to each individual will be based on the number of applicants, and how each package grades against the criteria.
- Official written verification for the recipient’s registration/enrollment from the institution of higher learning must be received by the scholarship committee prior to distribution of funds.
- The CCA will mail the scholarship check directly to the individual winner(s).
- If the recipient ceases to attend classes at the institution of choice, and does not transfer to another institution, the recipient must return any remaining funds to the CCA.
- The applicants who are selected to receive the scholarship will be notified prior to receiving the award.
- If the original selectee declines acceptance of the scholarship, a subsequent selectee will be notified as soon as possible.
- Failure to respond t the CCA Scholarship Committee within 20-days of notification with acknowledgement of acceptance of the scholarship constitutes a declination of the scholarship.
- Any applicant planning delayed school enrollment must notify the CCA Scholarship Chairperson, and the scholarship money will be held in the student’s name for up to 12-months after notification.
- Judging will be by an impartial committee of five people (to include one CCA board member, once active duty STO, one retired STO/CCT Officer, one active duty CCT, and one retired CCT). The Board member will be the tiebreaker if necessary; otherwise the board member will not vote.
- The scholarship committee members will work independently, without collusion, and present their tally sheet, clearly identifying each candidate in rank order.
- No committee member will be related to any applicant.
- Judges will base their selections only on the applications submitted.
- Applicant’s name, race, and sex will not appear on any portion of the application seen by the judges.
- Applications will be evaluated based on a point system regarding the following criteria:
5 – Excellent (Meets all criteria)
4 – Very Good (Meets most of the criteria)
3 – Good (Meets the criteria)
2 – Does not Apply
|Verification of eligibility|
|Application completed in full|
|Scholastic Achievement (class rank, GPA 2.5 – 4.0)|
|AP / IB programs|
|Extracurricular Activities (honors and awards, employment)|
Total = Overall Score: _______/_35 possible points